We provide a boutique service offering quality Educators to care for a maximum of four children at a time in a positive and nurturing home environment. We are committed to providing nurturing and educational care for children through supporting our passionate team of heart-led Educators, who are carefully choosen and whom we believe will provide the level of nurturing care we expect! All of our Educators are safety checked and are genuinely passionate about providing quality early childhood care and education.
NURTURE@HOME POINTS OF DIFFERENCE
There are so many choices for child care in the Nelson/Tasman region today. Which service do you trust to really understand your needs when helping you choose the ideal care for your child?
Homebased childcare has many benefits, and not just for infants but for preschool children right up to starting school:
- Smaller group sizes means more individualised care and learning experiences, and less exposure to illness.
- Education and care is provided in a predictable, calm and familiar environment that enables children to build trust.
- Children build secure attachments with consistent care from an Educator that the family choose.
- Children benefit from meaningful learning experiences by engaging in normal family activities and outings.
- A more flexible approach to the hours of care and routines to meet the needs of children.
There is a remarkably big difference between Childcare and QUALITY Childcare & Education. At Nurture@Home we always go above and beyond the standard Ministry of Education criteria for NZ Home Based Education and Care. As well as thoroughly screened, first aid trained Educators working from safe and stimulating home environments, we offer:
- No placement fees, admin fees or charges. Your chosen Educator’s hour rates/fees are all you pay and you may even be entitled to receive a subsidy from us, which is not income tested.
- Financial support for families who qualify for Work & Income Childcare Subsidy, Multiple Birth subsidies etc.
- 20 Hours ECE FREE for three to five year olds (conditions apply).
- A full team of experienced and genuinely passionate Educators who are carving out careers in Early Childhood Education, not just “baby-sitting”. Our Educators are constantly learning and growing with regular access to ECE professional development opportunities and FREE Level 4 Certificate in Early Childhood Practice.
- Individualised learning journals (including a secure on-line learning portfolio) and programme plan for your child, linked to the NZ Early Childhood Curriculum, Te Whariki.
- A minimum monthly visit to your child within their learning environment by a qualified Early Childhood Teacher (Visiting Teacher) specifically to discuss and plan for their learning with their Educator.
- Regular visit notes in your child’s online learning portfolio from your child’s Visiting Teacher.
- Access to FREE local playgroups and outings – including weekly Playschool and NatureEXPLORERS.
- A LOCAL service 100% owned and operated by a team who are passionate about ensuring your child receives the best care and learning opportunities possible.